Integrity Due Diligence (“IDD”) is the gathering of independent information to gain an understanding of the integrity and corruption risks associated with a third party. It provides companies with a means to both identify these risks and confirm (or otherwise) information provided to them by a third party.
VAN LEEUWEN LAW FIRM | FORENSIC AUDITING conducts integrity due diligence services for clients across multiple sectors to help mitigate risks from new commercial relationships and to inform their strategic decision-making. Companies with an international presence (or plans to expand internationally) are placing an increased emphasis on the need to understand the integrity risks posed by the third parties with whom they contract in those countries (including their representatives, agents, distributors and critical members of their supply chain), in particular for compliance purposes in light of new extra-mural anti-corruption legislation introduced in many western jurisdictions.
Key features of our integrity due diligence services include:
- Vendor due diligence and M&A due diligence on new commercial relationships, JV partners, acquisition targets, agents and distributors
- Compliance due diligence – e.g., FCPA compliance, UK Bribery Act compliance and other national counter-bribery legislation
- Compliance with the OFAC and other sanction controls
- Due diligence investigation on third-party suppliers, agents or distributors
- In-depth investigations ahead of mergers, acquisitions and joint venture formation
- Pre-IPO background checks
- Research into recipients of proposed equity investments or loans
- Enhanced due diligence during the client on-boarding process
- Help with document review, risk rating, and programme audit
- Training for in-house due diligence staff.